Writers who publish their articles or essays on the internet are sometimes victims of accidental or involuntary plagiarism. Unknowingly their words and their sentences match with the text that has already been published on the internet. Thus there is no fault of these writers as they never logged on to the internet just to copy stuff and use it in their writings. This is the total case of accidental plagiarism. We at www.theplagiarism.com will mention a few steps so that you can avoid such a scenario.
- Once you read specific information about your text there is a possibility that the words will remain at the back of your mind and you will use them only in your text. Thus you must make the use of your own writing skills and never read similar material just before you have to write an essay. This is one way to avoid accidental plagiarism.
- It is very common that the first thing that writers do is to have a look at the search engines whether any one has previously written on the topic that has been assigned to them. You ought to let go off this urge and write the essays using your own creativity. Although later you can have someone else check your essay and test that is it matching any of the text written on the internet. This will help you strengthen your writing skills and not fall into the plagiarism trap without any reason.
- Never begin a research on your topic just when you are assigned it or have to write on it as it is the most harmful thing. Not only will it hamper your own creativity but also make you remember only the words that you have seen. And in such a short span of time it will be really difficult for you to think yourself about the topic leading to a sure case of accidental plagiarism.
- If you want to search about the topic or sub topic that you have been assigned then you must type the word that is not very familiar to avoid plagiarism issues and clashes with other sources during the search itself. This will also drive you away from the most common posts on the internet.
- The internet has to offer you a large number of textual materials that will be capable of providing you the minutest details on your topic and the text you require. You will be tempted to copy it down. You are not to blame but in fact it is the internet that has provided you with such an asset. So we would advise you not to consult the internet while writing any of your academic assignments but instead use other sources.
- The specific words that you see stay in your mind as short term memory but the basic idea and gist of what you have read will continue to stay in your brain for long. So it is better that you start on your text well in advance so that you can facilitate retention of the ideas that you are to use in your text.
It is only if you are able to keep these points in mind will you be able to steer yourself away from plagiarism and its troubles.