How can you define plagiarism?
We are living into an advanced era where everyone is running behind success. Inventions are coming up every day and leading to advancements. But side by side even crime is increasing. In my definition the term crime denotes plagiarism. People are not as much interested in their own work as much as they are into the work and ideas of other people. Along with their ideas people want to steal the ideas of other people and generate an output that leads to invention and fetches people best grades ever. This was one definition of plagiarism there are many other as well. To ask someone for help like to share a part of his/her information, or copy a paragraph or something is not even 1% of this crime. It directly relates to stealing the original ideas and pretending that these ideas are generated by you only.
There are many ways in which people are daily conducting this offense and all the ways are mentioned as under:
- Take away somebody’s original ideas and give your name to those ideas is the most common manner in which people commit this offense.
- Taking away someone’s information without giving any reference that this information has been taken from respective resource etc.
- To describe pre-invented stuff in a changed manner and pretend as if it is the recent discovery.
- Copying the main theme from someone’s main assignment and try to show as if you have invented the theme.
- Some people directly copy the entire assignment and show as if the assignment is their individual work.
All the above mentioned causes lead to the offense called plagiarism. So beware and ensure that you take a copyright of your original ideas so that nobody has an access to them.