Steps to tackle online plagiarism
With the invention of internet another problem that came into view was the one of online plagiarism. This term refers to an offense that includes copying data from a website that is open to all, or stealing data from someone’s blogs etc. With the arrival of internet it became easier to commit this offense and since it is an understood fact that every offense deserves treatment hence science has developed various methods to avoid this offense and they are mentioned as under:
- Whenever you add on any blog or anything to your personal world wide web then please do ensure that all your work is copyright. This helps you out when somebody copies your work and you have to complaint for it. This is the best yet safest method to deal with activities such as plagiarism.
- If you are a teacher and your students are bringing plagiarized work then I would like to add to your knowledge that to detect plagiarized work you can make use of certain commercial websites and software’s that are available for detection of plagiarized work.
- If you want to check whether your content has been stolen or not then the simplest method to do so is to make use of google search engine for this purpose. If your blog has been stolen then google search engine will locate the post where it has been seen. For the entire process what you need to do is to enter the content of your personal blog in the correct order and you can take help of the theplagiarism.com.
- In case someone has copied your content then send him an e-mail or make a blog comment asking him not to use the copied content. In any case if your request receives a refusal then just report an abuse against him and accuse him of plagiarism so that your content remains original as always.
- Install software’s that immediately inform you if someone is trying to copy the content that has been generated by you. Though this would turn out to be a little costly but then nobody can steal or copy your original work.
All the above methods can help us out to successfully deal with online plagiarism.